Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The zen of being a corporate slave

I must learn to accept disappointments.

I must learn to accept crap stories, dysfunctional manager.

I must learn to adjust my hearing latitude and let my brain to digest 1 or 2 hours stories about any of their accomplishments and how every single drop of water is coming from their think tanks. No one else's idea is comparable to it.

I must learn the true meaning of management meeting. It’s about spinning stories, endless stories which can be compiled as a research paper. It’s also about sitting down for 1 or 2 hours listening to them discussing about menu, seating arrangement, color of the design, what the people in the poster should wear, instead of what should we do to improve our strategies, what is the decision on this issue, how to improve organization's performance, increase employee morale and satisfaction, create empowerment, and similar to that..

I am still learning all these, and I will never be ever to figure out why. I don't want to know why.

Am I the only one who feels like this? Or are there many others who feel like this.

I feel funny. I am horrified, annoyed and feel like that this is funny. Most things in life are funny. These people look extremely comical. I smirk at the whole situation. They looked serious. But I continue to grin anyway. I feel so pleased with what I've accomplished so far, not much though, but I thank God and pray that I will not end up to be like anyone of them.

Anyway, I haven't blogged anything of substance lately. I'm getting bored of alot of things cause I seem to be on a road that leads to nowhere at work. I'm waiting for something to change my life. Do I wait for something to change my life or do i do something to change my life? Answer is pretty obvious but I'm gonna pretend like I don't know and let it sink in slowly....

I have always dream of a break. Now that I finally have one, I don't know how to enjoy it. Funny right? I am still awake at 1 am, and tomorrow is a working day. If you know me well, I am off to bed as early as 9 pm. Something weird is happening to me lately. I think too much. I should not be thinking. I need this break. I should be enjoying this moment that I’ve been wanting for the last 3 months. What's wrong with me?

I still haven't found my mojo. Assuming I had it in the first place. Please pray for me. I need my mojo back. I need it to gain back my momentum. To those who are happy working, enjoy it while it last.

No comments: