Wednesday, December 02, 2009

As the wet season passed...




I should have known that the rain was not going to last forever here. Sigh.

Last month was a very wet and rainy month. I liked it, actually. I'm going to miss walking around in a thick sweater and then my feet would be so cold that my toes were on the verge of falling off their sockets. I love tosleep during rainy days and hide under my blanket.

The past few days have been very hot and I'm not liking it at all, partly because the climate changed drastically dramatic, or dramatically drastic, whatever. One day it was wet and rainy and cold, and the next day, bam! Hot as an oven. I mean, if the weather changed progressively from cold to hot, I wouldn't mind. But I guess that I've been liking the cold weather for the past month too much that the drastic change of the weather turned my shock into something else.

God, I've been sleeping without covering myself with a blanket or a duvet for the past few days, hence exposing my bare skin to those mosquitoes. The night gets hot enough to sweat in your own bed! Well, what to do? Malaysia is unlucky enough to be placed on the equatorial line of the world, the part of the Earth that is closest to the sun. Siiiiggghhhh. I'm already missing the clouds dominating the whole blue sky, not a single speck of the colour blue when you look up, blocking the sun.

I just hate the hot weather. Who doesn't, right? But yeah, despite all that, after about more than a month of cold and rainy days, it's kind of uplifting to see the sun again :)

It is officially the last month of 2009. I am stoked at how fast time flies. Really now. It feels like as if it was only yesterday that I washed away 2008. And now it's time to wash away 2009. It's been a bittersweet year but overall, it had been nice.

Now, I'm not wondering what's to offer in 2010 but more on what this last month is going to be like before the new year.

Speaking of which, it has passed my mind that some people say that life has already been written and whatever that happens, are by fate and destiny. The others believe that YOU and I write the stories of our lives and things happen because of how we decide and what actions we take.

So which boat are you? Life is written for you? or You write your life?

If you'd ask me, I'd say that it is a mysterious mixture of both and it is that mystery that makes life interesting. But that's just my view. It could be wrong, It could be right.

So! Getting back to what I've been talking about, the soon-to-be ending year 2009. As always, I don't make resolutions for every beginning of every year. But I choose to do the opposite. So this year:

1. People have gone away. New acquaintances are made. And these ongoing process has made me learn new things about people. Some ways, good. Some ways, bad.
2. I broke a promise I made to myself. Apparently, it's very hard to keep a promise, even when it is just for yourself. Go figure.
3. I chopped my hair. I think I still love having long hair. I have a feeling this short-hair phase is not going to last long. I think I have a scalp problem. My scalp is so dry which i think due to my lack of drinking habit, the food i eat, the weather, or the shampoo. I am still trying to figure out. But for now, short hair makes me look 5 years younger and hubby like it..so why not.
4. My temper has gradually increase and I'm much more impatient. I need to start remembering back who i used to be and learn to channel my anger and frustration in a more positive manner (that includes to reduce bitching, stereotyping and cursing)
5. We lost a few family members this year. Many are still grieving. To think about them makes me teary. But God has His own plan for each of us. I believe this.
6. I am happy of the achievements that others around me have accomplished and looking forward for my turn.
7. Ive started schooling (a lot of sacrifice made) and so is my 4 years old daughter. I noticed that she inherits my lack of self confidence but I pray and I am very confident that she will be better than me in her life. I love her too much.
8. We have moved to our own crib, it is pretty much empty but I am happy that we have a roof to sleep and build our family
9. I pray that my parents will have a healthy life ahead
10. I suddenly have nothing much to write in my list... I can't remember anything now. Maybe not much happening in 2009. I will be 30 this month. That's scary.

My decision is to stop here and leave this list hanging for the moment until I can decide what is the next move for me in 2010.

No comments: